Thursday, October 29, 2009

While Yanal is in Cyprus

Well this four day stretch is going faster than the last. Yanal will be home tomorrow morning!! We are hoping he gets to stay home for a while now, the kids and I really miss him. He misses us too.

Yesterday, I took the kids to the grocery store by myself! This is a big accomplishment because 1-I went shopping by myself, in Jordan, for the first time and 2-I took the kids shopping alone for the first time ever! I strapped Omar in the Bjorne and promised Aisha ice cream if she was good. They were the best little kids ever! You never know how they are going to behave while shopping, so I was so thankful that they were awesome!

We started a Sticker Chart for Aisha. She has such a terrible time with holding her poo and at times constipation. She hates to poop and for one reason or another we can't get her to go regularly. I am hoping that the Sticker Chart with a reward system will work!! ??? !!! So far she has gone 2 days in a row.....she hasn't done that in MONTHS!

Omar is mastering the use of his pincher grasp by eating table foods. His new found love is Cheerios. He also loves to eat cut up fruits, now if I could just get him to love the veggies!

Mommy had another emotional/mental breakdown. I decided that I need more sleep and time to myself. This whole move has been emotionally/mentally challenging and physically demanding. I have put a plan together to take better care of myself...I have never done this before and hope it helps. I'm sick of having meltdowns and feeling so emotionally out of control. For those that don't know me, I normally don't feel the need to cry-I just don't cry. I keep my cool through most situations, but this situation has been the largest thing I have ever undertaken. It was been very drawn out (7 months in the making) and neither of the kids sleep through the night and want their Mommy, so I obviously don't get much. My plan:

1- I will put the kids to bed earlier, so that I have time to myself at the end of the day.
2- I will go to bed earlier too, 1100pm.
3- I am not going to sleep next to Aisha any longer; she needs to learn how to sleep on her own and I need a good nights sleep.
4- I will also shower first thing in the morning instead of putting myself last and waiting all day to shower. I just feel better after I shower.
5- I will also ask Yanal to take the kids 1 or 2 days after work for an hour or two. I can get some things done for myself and around the house...maybe I'll even get my butt enrolled in a gym or something. Hopefully I can find a gym that is non-smoking. Seriously, I went to a gym and they were smoking in the 'dance' area.....that's Jordan for ya! LOL!

Wish me luck with my list of things to do for myself...hope I can stick to them all or most of them! Also, send me good thoughts on Aisha's Sticker Chart!

Lastly, I have not received many comments lately and I heard that some people are having trouble leaving their comments. Please drop a comment, just say HI or anything, so I know that the section is working! Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. It takes a strong chick to put herself first- DO IT!
    Wishing you well, inspired by your strength.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Little Dude's Mama! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Beth! I think your plan sounds stellar. You need to take some time out for yourself. You'll be happier and the kids will definitely benefit from that. I think the sticker chart for Aisha sounds like a good idea too! It'll give her something to focus on that's a positive for pooping :)

    Love you, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with Aisha and the sticker chart! I hope it helps so the poor little thing doesnt have to walk around on her tip toes anymore!

    It sounds like Omar is boy after his autie's heart! He and Laura should get together and eat dry cheerios. :-)

    I hope you do follow through with your goals to make yourself a priority. Ultimately, it IS best for them when you put yourself first once in a while because you will feel refreshed and you will be able to be a better mother for them.

    Love you,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethany, I am on the same page as you when you are talking meltdowns! Since our 3rd was born (Nuriah on 6-22) and my hubby had his spinal fusion surgery on 8-10...I found myself w/ 3 kids to care for and hubby needed round the clock care. Around the end of Aug. I totally broke down and was diagnosed with PPD!!! For 8 weeks I put myself last & then I couldn't take it anymore. Alhamdullilah I am now just getting better, it's hard for Moms' to put themselves first...or even shampoo their hair for that matter! Don't beat yourself up if you can't do all the things on your list..but I'd suggest making the extra sleep 1st on your list :) Hang in there dear!!

    ReplyDelete