Thursday, October 8, 2009

In This Moment of Time

My sister Laura requested for me to write about the funny, cute, annoying and absolutely lovable things my kids are doing in this moment of time. Since time moves so quickly, she wanted me to capture these moments in writing and to share with her and the family.

Funny
AISHA
She is potty training at the moment. When she has to go potty, she takes off her clothes, runs over to the little girls chair, sits and says "Here's it comes!", followed by the sounds of her tinkling. Then she stands up and yells, "See it! See it! Come look Momma!" she points in the potty chair and then we dance around the room clapping our hands, laughing and dancing together!
OMAR
I love the way he scoots himself around. It's his way of crawling...like the army men...pulls himself with his arms and kicks with his legs, but he doesn't get is tummy off the floor. He scoots from one end of the room to the other very quickly, which is funny in itself, then he grabs one of his sisters toys before she gets a chance to take it away from him! He looks so proud of himself, like "Oh Yeah I Got It!" and he smiles big! Too funny!

Cute
AISHA
When Omar wakes up and starts making noise in his crib, Aisha stops whatever she is doing and says, "Booboo's awake!", "Hear him?!" then she runs to his room and starts talking to him in baby language. She is so excited that he's awake and ready to play!
OMAR
His smile. He just melts my heart when he smiles. I also love when he calls me "Momma". He calls for me when he needs something, "Momma! Mommaaaaa!" Too cute!

Annoying
AISHA
She jumps from one topic to the next so fast that I can't keep up with her requests/demands. She gets so frustrated with me that she screams or cries and then slaps me on the leg. She cries all the time. I can't tell if she is seriously hurting or if she is just crying to get her way. She also says "No" to everything!
OMAR
He flips and flips and flips as I am trying to change his diaper! I can't keep him still for even a few seconds. Then he gets mad that it's taking so long and he screams adn flips some more. It makes me want to scream too!

Absolutely Lovable
AISHA
I will be in the kitchen cooking or cleaning in the other room and she will come up to me without saying a word and give my leg the biggest hug! She just hangs on hugging my leg, rubbing my leg and then says "I love you Momma". Absolutely lovable!
OMAR
He is starting to kiss me! When I am holding him close to my face, he grabs my face and presses his mouth against my cheek. His mouth is wide open and full of spit. His kisses are big and sloppy!! Love it!

Aisha is 2.5 years and Omar is just 8 months old. I don't know which age is more fun, more cute and at times more challenging. Either way, I love them both the same!

2 comments:

  1. awww...for a split second there I almost wanted another baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Each story is precious. Love you! Sarah

    ReplyDelete