Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone! I hope everyone has had a wonderful year and continue to have more wonderful years to come!!

I am saddened to see all the negative comments about 2010 and positive thoughts towards the upcoming year, as I read the comments written by my Facebook friends. I ask myself, why all the negative thoughts about the last year?! And then I ask myself, why do they think the next year will bring better for them?! Today is 2010 and tomorrow is 2011. It is just another day, another year. It isn't a new year that will make our lives better, rather it is the thoughts inside us. It is the way we react to our surroundings. The way we respond to the events in our lives. The way we thank God for the blessings in our lives. And the way we learn from the struggles that will make our lives better. I hope to encourage everyone and myself to thank God for our blessings and to learn from the struggles he tests us with. To learn to react and respond better to our surroundings and our circumstances, so that we can be more positive about our lives -because positive thinking does make a difference.

My positive thoughts and events from 2010:

-My husband, this year he began working with the Prime Minister of Jordan as a Senior Analyst! Also he is teaching at the German-Jordanian University.

-My son, is in his first year of life and he brings joy and laughter to our life every day!

-My daughter, is in her third year of life and she brings sweetness and love to our life everyday!

-My Dad, has been promoted to Publisher of the Brainerd Daily Dispatch and deserves the very best in everything because he is dedicated to do his best in everything he does!

-My Mom, is so wonderful in every way and takes care of her family whether we live with her or live across the world from her!

My sister, and her husband, have brought home the most wonderful gift of a daughter, Grace!

My sister, is a strong young women who offers so much to the world around her!

Our family, have so many things to be happy for -Alhumdillah - and we wish you all a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Very well said, Bethany. You are a beautiful young woman inside and out and we love you

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth :) I agree with mom.

    ReplyDelete